What-the-hell is a “Kettle Grip™?”
The Iron Woody Kettle Grip™ is a fully adjustable kettlebell handle. The Kettle Grip, along with your existing free weights, assembles to make a strong, stable, and adjustable “kettlebell.” This assembly can be utilized in almost all exercises where you would use a regular kettlebell, but at a small fraction of the usual cost.
How do Kettle Grips™ compare?
Iron Woody Kettle Grips™
- kettle gripAdjustable – 2 lbs. to 93 lbs. (If you own a set of Iron Woody’s Fractional Plates, your Kettle Grip can be adjusted by as little as ¼ lb.)
- Prices – With Kettle Grips, you are getting the equivalent of an entire set of kettlebells for less than the cost of just one regular kettlebell.
- Shipping Costs – $8.95 to anywhere in the US.
- Storage & Transport – A shelf, drawer, or gym bag.
- kettlebellsNon-adjustable – individual weights are required for each 9 lb. weight increase desired.
- Prices – start at $89.95 for a 9 lb. and $179.95 for the 88 lbs. Full set 1 each (35 lbs., 53 lbs., & 70 lbs.) is $322.85.
- Shipping Costs – $32 for a single, 53 lb. kettlebell domestically; Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii & Canada is $110-137; International is $180 to $300.
- Storage & Transport – depending upon how many you own, you figure it out.
How do Kettle Grips™ work?
Kettle grip superKettle Grips™ lock down with hex bolts to a solid steel shaft using an Allen wrench(s). The shaft was purposefully sized to utilize your standard, one-inch hole weight plates. The grip’s handle is constructed of a high-grade, durable ABS plastic. Its 1-3/8 inch diameter is not too large or small for most people’s grip.
Warning: There are two exercises that should not be attempted with our Kettle Grips™.
- Kettle Grips™ should not be thrown as you might a standard kettlebell.
- Kettle Grips™ should not be used to do push-up type exercises. The attached weights will act like a wheel, and they will roll out from under you.
Kettle grip partsWe offer two models: the Standard Kettle Grip™ (shown above) and a Super Kettle Grip™ (shown right). The Standard comes with one weight shaft, weighs slightly over 2 lbs. unloaded, and can be adjusted up to 52 lbs. The Super comes with a short and long weight shaft, weighs just under 3 lbs. and can be loaded up to 93 lbs. Both Kettle Grips™ come with a 1-year guarantee.
Kettle grip superIron Woody only sells the Kettle Grips™ as a pair, so you’ll have any weight setup you might want covered. (Note: Kettle Grips™ do not include weight plates.)